Fast food here, instant noodles there. Chips here, processed foods here. Now you look in the mirror and see how dry and unhealthy your face and even skin is, made you asked yourself where and what you did wrong. Maybe the products you put on your face and skin? That could be one of the many possibilities, but if you look back and see how you’ve been out so much or that you’ve been eating instant and easy to cook meals most of the time, then you’d be shocked at how your body is paying the price of your unhealthy intakes. Lack of sleep doesn’t help as well.
Don’t stress too much about though because it’s never too late to start anew and choose to live the healthy lifestyle. Not only will the results be amazing and surprising but your body will so thankful for eating and drinking healthy and help you live life the way you want to. Here are foods and drinks that will hopefully help you achieve a healthy and radiant skin and face:
- GREEN TEA – Worried about the unending acne popping out of nowhere? Better start drinking the green elixir that will surely help your acne problems. Green tea lower levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), this is hormone is responsible for acne production. Green tea also contains antioxidants which help you look younger and blooming. But don’t drink too much since we all know how too much of something is also not good for us, so 2-3 cups of tea a day is enough to help your skin and body have the needed nutrients it needs.
- WHOLE WHEAT BREAD – Bread can be addicting, I’ll admit. Chicken sandwich, ham and egg sandwich and all sandwiches we can think of then make. But how about substituting your normal white bread to a whole wheat loaf? Whole wheat bread is low on the glycemic index (GI) compared to white bread which is high in GI and is one of the many inflammatory foods that makes anyone who eat too much of it, fat. Whole wheat bread also helps lessen the production of pimples.
- EGGS – This famous breakfast food is also healthy for your skin but doesn’t eat too much. Eggs consist of lutein which is an antioxidant that protects the skin’s elasticity and helps prevent skin damage; eggs also contain choline which helps balance the levels of vitamin B, responsible for protein production keeping the skin smooth and firm, elastin and collagen.
- BERRIES – Blueberries, strawberries, cherries, name all the berries out there we know and they all help us stay young and flawless. Most berries also contain antioxidants that help us look young and glowing. They also help lessen the appearance of acne.
- ALMONDS – Found in ice creams, cakes, and even body wash. Almond itself can be so healthy, rich in vitamin e that helps repair scars, like pimple scar, and help prevent us from any more sun damage.
There are a lot of healthy foods out there we can consume for a healthy and glowing skin and body. Just remember that too much intake of something is also bad for you so when you choose to live healthy, also discipline yourself to eat and drink healthy to help you have the young and radiant skin and face you’ve always wanted to achieve. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to be looking young and beautiful.